At First Institute, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to further their education.
We realize that many students require financial assistance to achieve their academic goals. To accommodate students’ financial needs, all of our healthcare programs qualify for federal loans and grants. If you qualify, our job is to secure them for you. We tirelessly work to help determine your eligibility and assist you in funding your healthcare career training.
At First Institute, the following programs of Financial Aid are available for those who qualify:
Subsidized/Unsubsidized Student Loans
- William D. Ford Federal Direct Loans. Any loans originated between July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015 will be locked in at this rate for the life of the loan. There will be a new interest rate published for loans originated on or after July 1 of each year.
- Subsidized: 4.66%
- Unsubsidized: 4.66%
- For information regarding Pell Grants visit Federal Pell Grant (FPELL).
- For information regarding these types of direct loans visit Direct Loans. Any loans originated between July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015 will be locked in at this rate for the life of the loan. There will be a new interest rate published for loans originated on or after July 1 of each year.
- Parent PLUS: 7.21%
Methods of Disbursement
- Financial Aid loan disbursements are made to the students at specific points during the student’s program of study. All funds are applied to the student’s ledger account within three days of the receipt of the grant/loan by First Institute, Inc.
- The First Disbursement: Pell Grants are disbursed within the first two weeks of matriculation. Subsidized/Unsubsidized Student Loans are disbursed within one month of matriculation.
- Second Disbursement: For Medical Assisting and Dental Assisting students, disbursements are made within two weeks of the student’s second half, contingent on the student maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress. For Massage Therapy students, a second disbursement is made within two weeks of the completion of 20 weeks and 396 hours of their program of study, contingent on the student maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Apply for Financial Aid through The FAFSA Application.
- For more information in regards to financial aid options, please refer to the Federal Student Aid Guide.
- For First Institute’s scholarship requirements please click here.
If you have questions regarding the financial aid process, please Contact Us today or call 815-459-3500.