Your First Step to a Brighter Future and a Great Career
Health and Wellness Career Training Programs in Crystal Lake and Libertyville, Illinois
Career Focused Training. Real World Experience. Personalized Instruction. Discover the First Institute Difference…
If you’re ready to make a change and to build a brighter future, First Institute can help! Thousands of graduates have turned to First Institute for the training and support it takes to succeed in rewarding healthcare careers.
Our career-focused, hands-on training and personalized instruction will get you on the path to a rewarding professional career, without spending years in school.
The First Institute Difference
We are committed to your success. From the moment you tour our campus for the first time, you will feel like family. For over 30 years, we have designed hands-on training programs to meet the job market so that our graduates feel confident in there new careers.
- Industry Experienced Instructors – Our instructors have worked in the industry and are here to share their experience and expertise, while providing the education you need to graduate with a well-rounded understanding of your chosen field.
- Real World Experience – Work with real patients under the guidance of experienced professionals. This means you’ll get the chance to apply the skills and knowledge you’ve acquired in the classroom and labs. You’ll also gain valuable on-the-job experience before you graduate.
- Small Class Sizes – This allows for more personalized, one-on-one instruction than you would get at a larger school.
- Career Focused Training – At First Institute, we believe that comprehensive, hands-on training is the best way to learn.
- Placement Assistance – Our staff actively reaches out to industry employers to ensure that all First Institute training is up-to-date and students are ready to excel in their chosen careers upon program completion.
First Institute has been preparing students for rewarding careers since 1982. We operate on the principle of career-focused training, so you can gain the skills, experience and connections to pursue a rewarding new career.
First Institute continues to assist graduates even after graduation. We also provide in-depth advising and instruction on career search strategies, resume writing, interview techniques, and networking opportunities.
The application process is easy and convenient. Our Admissions staff will give you a tour of the campus, introduce you to available staff and faculty and guide you through the admissions process.
An Accredited Institution
First Institute is one of only a few accredited colleges in Crystal Lake. We are proud to be nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), which is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education. Their mark of approval is an independent sign of our high educational standards. We also adhere to the rules and regulations of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
First Institute programs are tailored for busy adult learners. Many students are working and/or raising families while going to school. With First Institute’s Day and Evening class options, you can choose the schedule that works for you.
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness score now.
Such a great school! Had the best teacher. I was beyond prepared when it came to my first job in the dental field. I'd recommend this school to anyone who is looking into dental assisting!
Is a Rewarding Career in Healthcare Right For You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about a rewarding career in the healthcare industry, and exploring whether First Institute is right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
For immediate questions, call 815-459-3500